If you are in immediate danger, call 911 or the GW Police Department.

      Call 911       Call 202-994-6111 (GWPD)

If you are not in immediate danger, call GW Sexual Assault Response & Consultation (SARC) for help.

Call 202-994-7222

If you would like to report an incident of sexual assault, sexual harassment or relationship abuse.

Report an Incident



Talk to Someone

If you’ve experienced an assault it helps to talk about it with someone who is trained to help you get the assistance you need and deserve.

It can be confusing to figure out your options and resources and to make decisions after an assault. Seeking help from a trained professional can help you weigh your options and select the ones that make the most sense for you.

Whether your experience was today, last week, or years ago, various GW resources can help you figure out a path forward.

Call the Sexual Assault Response & Consultation Team (SARC) 24/7

Calling the SARC team at 202-994-7222 at any time of the day or night is one way to talk to someone and get help. The line is answered by individuals who work at GW and receive special training to volunteer their time outside of work to help you make decisions about a path forward.

The SARC team can help anyone in the GW community who has been affected by sexual violence or relationship violence.


Call 202-994-7222 Now





Talking to a mental health professional can be very helpful in coping with a sexual assault or relationship abuse. If you are interested in counseling, you have several options.


Talk to GW's Title IX Coordinator

Rory Muhammad is GW's Title IX Coordinator and can help you understand options and resources available to you through the university.