If you are in immediate danger, call 911 or the GW Police Department.

      Call 911       Call 202-994-6111 (GWPD)

If you are not in immediate danger, call GW Sexual Assault Response & Consultation (SARC) for help.

Call 202-994-7222

If you would like to report an incident of sexual assault, sexual harassment or relationship abuse.

Report an Incident



Legal Support

Having an attorney or other legal assistance can be helpful to ensure that you receive important protection and advocacy if you’ve been sexually assaulted or have experienced relationship abuse.

Understand Your Legal Options 

In addition to campus-based protective measures, you might want to consider seeking a Civil Protection Order (CPO) through the D.C. Courts. You can seek a protection order in D.C. if you live or work in D.C. and if at least one abusive incident occurred in D.C. Information about the procedure for obtaining a CPO is available through the Metropolitan Police Department.

You can also contact the GW Police Department’s Victims’ Services Coordinator to understand your legal and criminal/civil justice system options.

Seek Legal Support at No Cost 

Legal advocacy and case management are available at no cost through the Network for Victim Recovery of DC (NVRDC) after an assessment of your eligibility.

Attorneys from NVRDC can represent your rights in criminal proceedings and in civil petitions for Civil Protection Orders. These attorneys can also serve as your advisor through university processes, including student conduct hearings.


Other Options for Support